Science: ANIMALS INCLUDING HUMANS.
- Identify and name the main parts of the human circulatory system, amd describe the functions of the heart, blood vessels and blood.
- Recognise the impact of diet, exercise, drugs and lifestyle on the way bodies function.
Describe the ways in which nutrients and water are transported within animals, including humans.
ICT Opportunities :
- Look at some examples, create an animation of the heart beating using 2Animate
Create a 2DIY Quiz to consolidate knowledge and understanding
Use ChatterPix app to add animated voices to various body parts, skeleton
Geography: RIVERS AND THE WATER CYCLE
- Understand the stages of the water cycle and the key vocabulary associated with it.
- Locate some of the main rivers in the world on a map.
- Identify the different ways a river is used (eg: transport/fishing/tourism)
- Describe and understand the key aspects of rivers using the appropriate vocabulary.
- Know how the River Nile affected land patterns and how this has changed over time.
- Locate the River Nile on a map.
Know some of the key features of the River Nile.
- Use online mapping tools to follow the course of the River Nile and make field notes and sketches
Take screenshots and annotate with labels and information
D.T: MAKE A PYRAMID TO HOUSE GRAVE GOODS
- To know how structures can fail when loaded.
- To find techniques for reinforcing and strengthening structures.
- To join and combine materials.
- To develop a clear idea what has to be done
To evaluate their products.
Take photos of design and make sequence and use to create a how-to guide
Computing: Coding, Programming and Computer Games
- Understand how an algorithm relates to the intended outcome and the program that controls it
- Use a range pf programming languages to write programs with loops, procedures and interaction
- Explain some of the rules behind a simulation and why it was made
- Create more complex interactive games and puzzles
Work systematically to identify and correct errors and problems in their own and others programs
R.E – See agreed syllabus for more detail.
Christianity – UNIT 9, Hinduism – UNIT 5
History: ANCIENT EGYPT
- Place Ancient Egypt on a timeline.
- Learn about the afterlife and embalmment.
- Use evidence found in Tutankhamun’s tomb to find out about him.
- Understand why the River Nile was important for Ancient Egyptian life.
- Know how irrigation was used for farming.
- Find out what everyday life was like for men, women and children.
- Use a range of artefacts to find out about Ancient Egypt.
Know that hieroglyphs were an early form of writing and we can use this to find out more about Ancient Egyptian life.
- Use Espresso to research Howard Carter etc – use sheets to structure outcomes
- Compare a range of sources – look at accuracy/bias using comparison grid/frame
Create a PowerPoint slide with information and record interactive sound bites
ART: River Collage
- Question and make thoughtful starting points and select ideas and to use in their work.
- Add collage to a painted, printed background.
- Use a range of media to create collages.
- Use different techniques, colours and textures etc when designing and making pieces of work.
Use collage as a means of extending work from initial ideas.
Use iPad painting apps to explore colour mixing and blending – compare to traditional media
- Pupils should play and perform in solo and ensemble contexts, using their voices and playing musical instruments with increasing accuracy and fluency.
- Improvise and compose music for a range of purposes using the interrelated dimensions of music.
- Listen with attention to detail and recall sounds using aural memory.
- Use and understand staff and other musical notations.
- Appreciate and understand a wide range of high-quality live and recorded music drawn from different traditions and from great composers and musicians.
- Develop an understanding of the history of music.
FOCUS STUDY – blues and jazz.
ICT Opportunities Digital Media
- Record and play back sounds using a digital recording device
Create musical sequences using symbol-based software tools
P.E: (see the P.E folder for more guidance)
ICT Opportunities; Digital Media and Tools – Take photos and videos for a purpose, using basic camera tools – zoom and a tripod
Entitlement and Enrichment
British Musuem, Horniman Museum, Freshwater theatre company will put on an Ancient Egyptian Explorer show, Coram life bus,